Homegrown flowers

I'm on a crafty roll today......

This card was made after seeing the photo inspiration over at The Shabby Tearoom. The challenge there this week is to make some flowers using the photo for inspiration.


The base of this card is a cream 8" square card and onto this I layered a 6" green textured card square followed by a 5 1/2" square of pearl, patterned paper from Craftwork Cards. 



Next I used I dollie which came in a pack of 100 from Poundland! The sentiment is also from Craftwork cards and was mounted on a pink circle and then a green scalloped circle and placed in the centre of the card. 


Next came the part that required a lot of fiddling and patience. The pink flowers were made using a Marian Designs rolled flower die, the lemon flowers were made using a large daisy punch folded over with a small daisy punched from green card to make the sepals at the base of the bloom. The small Daisy punch was also used to create the lilac flowers which were pierced and attached to a short length of wire and then embellished with a lemon gem. The very tiny green and pink flower buds were hand rolled from a circle punch which I cut into a spiral shape. The leaves are a variety of punched, pie cut and hand cut ones. 


Before I attached any of the flowers with glue I placed them around the sentiment until I was happy with the arrangement then I fixed them with a strong PVA glue.

Finally, I added the big, peach satin bow and small pearl beads around the dollie.

Thank you for looking, 

Rebecca x

Comments

  1. This card is fab! I love the roses, so pretty! The pastel colours are perfect :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD. This is AMAZING!!!!! All those fabulous spring colored blooms look spectacular on that doily! LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet flower garden:)
    Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. The colours work so well together.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the doily, pearls, and all the pretty flowers! Great job!!:-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment