Whale of a birthday

Good afternoon- ohh the luxury of crafting during the day- you've gotta love the hols. ANyway, here is today's card it has been made using some stickers I found in Poundland ages ago (I'm trying to have a bit of a clear out and use up session). I used to-days' MOJO Monday sketch for the layout, the ocean theme from Cupcake Craft challenges and the "Blues" colour scheme from Make my Monday.  





The various different papers were all from my scraps box and were cut to size with my Fiskars paper trimmer. I cut the scalloped border using a Sizzix, Tim Holtz die and attached it to represent waves. The circle and scalloped circle are also die cut and provide I perfect mat for my bargain whale sticker. To finish I added a short length of blue fiber and a Papersmooches happy birthday sentiment.

I would also like to enter this for the Forever Friends challenge- show us a card from today and one from when you first started card making. Well, I have been making cards for 20 years or more so I don't have pics from that far back but I thought I'd be brave a share a card from my early blogging life that I cringe over when I look back at it.....



Thanks for stopping by, 

Rebecca x

Comments

  1. Adorable card! The whale sticker is so cute and I love how you used a darker blue to look like waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous whale - what a bargain!! brilliant card.
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the old one too.Thanks for sharing with us at Forever Friends.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous whale card Rebecca and also your older card is super too , you have, and always have had, a super talent Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin' cute! Great job! I love this card especially the whale! If you get a chance, check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely darling! LOVE the amazing glossy embellishments! Thanks for joining us this week at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely 'holiday' card - the colours are fab!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Rebecca, love the fun whale sticker, thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun looking card, that whale is so cute. Love the layout too. Both cards are lovely... no need to cringe !!!! Thanks for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS 'Are you Brave Enough' Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I whaley like your super cute card.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you have used the three blues, such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday Challenges - 3 Blues Caz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at MMM ewith this delightful card
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely card Rebecca. Thanks for sharing this with us at the MMM blues challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful card. Thanks so much for joining us at MMM.
    Valx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment